ABBREVIATED PROCEDURE (FAST-TRACK)©
On 28th January 2014, The Governing Board of the Associació Catalana per a l’Arbitratge [Catalan Arbitration Association] unanimously approved the new Rules of Abbreviated Procedure, known in the terminology of the international arbitration sector as the fast track procedure.
- Shorter duration: 60 days, extendable for cause shown by 30 more days.
- Combination of efficiency, speed and flexibility by eliminating unnecessary stages that can slow down dispute resolution.
- Parallel processing of arbitrator designation with parties' submissions.
- Initially compulsory for disputes involving claims of less than €30.000.
- Lower costs. Discount of 30% on general cost.
- Cooperation and active participation of parties required.
Repealed: paragraphs a) and c) of Art. 14 of the Reglamento [Regulations] of 26th July 2004, which remain in force.
ENTERS INTO FORCE:
- Within 3 months of date of publication on the web page of the TRIBUNAL ARBITRAL DE BARCELONA [Barcelona Arbitration Court].
- Date of publication: 26th february 2014