WHO ARE THEY?
The arbitrators are neutral, independent and impartial persons to whom both parties, by mutual agreement, decide to entrust the resolution of the dispute by means of a binding and enforceable award. Only in the absence of agreement between the parties, the arbitrators shall be persons who are equally neutral, independent, impartial and accredited by the TAB.
Arbitrators in law shall be jurists or law graduates who have been practising a legal profession for the last 10 years or more.
Exceptionally, by agreement of the parties or for reasons arising from the uniqueness of a particular arbitration proceeding, the TAB may appoint a person from outside the institution’s list by reasoned agreement.
Impartiality and independence
Reputable professionals with proven experience
Accredited by the TAB after a selection process.
Complying with the code of ethics and good practices.
WHO WILL BE MY ARBITRATOR?
The parties may choose their arbitrator from among those accredited by the TAB. In the absence of agreement, the TAB will appoint the arbitrator directly in accordance with the provisions of article 11 of the Rules. The TAB website publishes the list of accredited arbitrators.
The number of arbitrators shall always be odd.
I WANT TO JOIN THE LIST OF ARBITRATORS
To form part of the list, it will be necessary to formalise the corresponding request, specifying and sufficiently accrediting the professional qualifications, experience and speciality or specialities. Likewise, the courses on arbitration attended, the arbitration proceedings in which the applicant has been involved, whether at the TAB or at other institutions, or ad hoc
arbitrations, and the languages in which the applicant is capable of ordering and processing an arbitration proceeding shall also be indicated. (Art. 11.3 of the TAB Rules of procedure).
Registration form for TAB arbitrator candidates.
- That all the information I have provided on this form is true and that the supporting documents I have provided are authentic.
- That, in the event of being appointed as arbitrator, I will comply with the TAB Rules in force at any given time and its operating rules.
- That, in the event of being appointed as arbitrator, I shall maintain absolute confidentiality of all information to which I have access and of which I have knowledge due to my professional relationship with the TAB and with the parties.
- That, if my selection as an accredited TAB arbitrator is confirmed, I AUTHORISE that from that moment onwards my name, professional circumstances and speciality may be publicised on the corporate website www.tab.es.
BASIC INFORMATION ON DATA PROTECTION CONCERNING THE PROCESSING OF CANDIDATES’ DATA
- Responsible: ASSOCIACIÓ CATALANA PER A L’ARBITRATGE (CATALAN ASSOCIATION FOR ARBITRATION)
- Purpose: Management of CVs of people interested in working with us.
- Legitimation: Consent of the interested party
- Recipients: No data will be transferred to third parties, except by legal obligation.
- Rights: Access to the data, rectify it, delete it, request its portability, oppose its processing and request its limitation.
- Additional information: You can consult additional and detailed information on Data Protection on our website.